Here are some summative assessments that I used in my internship and in my first year of teaching:
- Choice Assignments
- Research projects of students interests
- Class video (ex. for a social studies final assessment on peace and harmony, the students created skits about what peace and non-peace are; I then created a video for them and we watched them in class. I was then able to assess if the group understood what peace looks like and what it does not look like.)
- Pamphlets, power-point (my kids created booklets on power-point in science about their favorite animals 5 senses), posters etc.
- Songs or raps
- Creating booklets (we have created lots of booklets online and using paper)
- Quiz/test (I have created lots of my own tests for the students so that they can differentiate for the learners).
- Inquiry Projects
- building structures
- cut and glue activities
- question and answer (for the measurement and geometry unit in K math, I created a series of questions with manipulatives to ask the students).
Differentiated Maps Quiz:
Note: Here I have created three different quizzes on a mapping unit for my grade 3-5 students from my internship. The first quiz I created was for two students who needed that extra support. The second quiz was created for some of my grade three and four students. Lastly, the third quiz was created for my grade five students. I created three different quizzes as I expected different things from each grade. I wouldn’t expect my grade three students to do the exact same work as my grade five students therefor I differentiated them to the students needs.
Note: Click on the bullet points to download each quiz.
Grade 1- grade 1 adding and subtracting test