I feel that in today’s society, technology is becoming more used and important to our changing world. You usually don’t pass someone on the street or in a shopping mall without seeing a phone in their hand. Not only do I believe that technology is evolving, it is becoming more important in classrooms today. Some of the technology that I use in my classroom (and will use in the future) is:
- smart boards (add Picture)
- chromebooks (add picture)
Some of the programs that I tended to use frequently on the smart board or chrome books were:
- Google classroom
- Interactive websites
Some of the things we have done on the chromebooks are:
- learning about recycling using an interactive website
- the students have created books using google slides (add picture)
- play math games during our guided math (add picture)
- students use them to research information
- The school that I interned at was fortunate enough to have a chrome-book assigned to each student. This advanced our technology immensely in the school as the students were free to use their chrome-books at any point of their learning. I was able to create multiple classrooms for each subject I was teaching, as well as other classrooms that the staff and I could observe. Within these classrooms, I posted videos, assignments, and things such as pictures etc. to show my students. The students really enjoyed going online to create assignments.
- One program that I frequently use in my teaching is the seesaw app. I use this mostly as communication with parents. I add all the parents to the app at the beginning of the year.
- I then post any important information that I feel the parents should know about. Ex. school lunch days, days off, calendars, student work, etc.